Treatment for Indianapolis Bed Bugs
Our Indianapolis Bed Bugs company is one of the best in the area. We focus on providing bed bugs treatment and solution to clients around the Indianapolis and surrounding areas. Our treatment is effective the first time we provide it, since we use heat to target these pesty critters.
Indianapolis Bed Bugs Cases on the Rise
Bed Bug cases in the Indianapolis area have been on a rise the last few years. One of the possibilities is that these bugs may have become resistant to pesticides. That’s why it is good news, that we use heat as our treatment. Bed Bugs are oval, brownish, small brownish bugs that live on the blood of humans and animals. These bugs tend to feed at night, but can also feed at different times of the day. Although they are very small, they can still be seen by the naked eye. Therefore, if you think you have been bitten by this critter, it is important to search your bed and other items for them. Then you can find the bug and bring it to a facility and they can verify that this is indeed a bed bug and then schedule treatment to your Indianapolis. Once you are bitten, the bite is similar to a mosquito bite. Sometimes you do not know you were bitten by one of these bed bugs, until days later. Then the red marks begin to appear. Once you have determined these indeed are from bed bugs, it is time for an Indianapolis Bed Bugs treatment.
Where Are Bed Bugs located?
These bugs travel quickly and can infest your Indianapolis home fast. They can be found in small cracks and crevices in a human environment. Bed bugs are commonly found in bed parts, such as mattresses, box springs and folded areas. They can also hide themselves behind baseboards, upholstery, wallpaper, picture frames, switch plates, and in your Indianapolis furniture. It is important once you have located them to get an Indianapolis Bed Bugs Treatment as soon as possible.
Reliable Indianapolis Bed Bugs Treatment Company
Our Bed Bugs company is reliable and we arrive in the time frame that you request. Our competitive rates and solutions, makes us one of the top bed bugs companies in Indianapolis. Our Indianapolis clients are fully satisfied with the results that we provide, as we guarantee our results.
Packing up Your Indianapolis Home
- Most infested items can be effectively treated by heat. However, if you decide to remove or discard any furniture, help prevent the spread of them by completely wrapping items such as mattresses in sealed plastic before removal.
- Launder all clothing (including those in closets, drawers, and suitcases) and bedding. Dry for at least 20 min in dryer on high heat to kill all bed bug stages. Immediately afterward, place these items in sealed plastic bags. Remove them from the areas to be treated, if possible. Mattresses and box springs should be left bare.
- DO NOT USE OR LEAVE ITEMS IN CORRUGATED CARDBOARD BOXES.
- Other small items which are not heat sensitive, such as shoes, knickknacks, toys, electronics (including CD’s and DVD’s), papers, books and magazines, and other loose items, can be placed in milk crates or open weave laundry baskets for treatment. All loose items must be off the floor, placed in baskets, and centered away from the walls.
- Larger electronics such as TV’s and computers should be left in place.
- Place un-laundered linens, towels, blankets, etc. LOOSELY into open-weave laundry baskets, not plastic bags.
- Keep beds, couches, dressers or other pieces of furniture accessible and 18 inches away from all walls in the rooms to be treated. Do not stack other items on them. Drain / deflate any water or airbeds.
- Dressers and chests of drawers, closet floors and shelving must be cleared of all storage.
Final steps of Treatment
- Throw out all trash and vacuum thoroughly. The vacuum bag should be thrown out or the dirt container should be emptied, but leave the vacuum to be heated.
- Remove plastic blinds. The heat will warp them badly if left up.
- All houseplants and pets, including fish, will need to be out by the morning of the service date.
- Wheel chairs and walkers must be treated. If needed, make arrangements to use a rental for the day of service.
- If possible, increase the temperature on your home’s thermostat two hours before confirmed treatment start time.
- DO NOT apply your own insecticides before or after treatment. They often worsen the problem.
- Take minimal items with you when leaving your home during treatment. Clothing that you wear or take with you should be dried immediately upon returning home.
After the Heat Treatment Service
When you return, your Indianapolis home may still be warm. You may notice some things out of place – we have to move things in order to distribute the heat treatment evenly for the best outcome. While the disorder caused by heat can be extensive, it is reduced by proper preparation. Carefully follow these instructions!
ITEMS THAT CANNOT BE HEATED
- All aerosol and pressurized cans – including hairspray, deodorants, bug spray, asthma inhalers, spray paint, fire extinguishers, oxygen tanks and cleaning products.
- Medication/Medicine, foods that can melt (like candy or chocolate), and beverages. Items in the refrigerator can remain there.
- Anything made from wax – candles, wax figurines, crayons, waxy cosmetics and oil paintings.
- Vinyl records, photo negatives, filmstrips, ink printer cartridges.
- All flammable materials – butane lighters, lamp fuel, solvents, fuel for food warmers, ammunition, etc.
- Musical instruments (a piano may be treated, but will probably need tuning afterwards).
- Leave these types of items inside the door in one or more containers clearly labeled “DO NOT HEAT”. We will inspect them for bed bugs and treat by other means if necessary. Wallpaper, linoleum tile, laminated furniture and laminates in general can be damaged by heat. Bed Bugs Indy is not responsible for damage to these or any items left in the home during heat exposure. Failure to comply with these instructions at any point will void the service agreement, in which case additional applications will be chargeable.
Contact us for your Indianapolis Bed Bugs Treatment
If you live in the Indianapolis or surrounding areas and you suspect that your home has bed bugs, contact us immediately. We will provide the best Indianapolis Bed Bugs Treatment to get rid of these critters once and for all. Our exterminators will provide the best treatment solution for your needs. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Choose us for your next Bed Bug Exterminators Indianapolis.